2015 Summary - 15000pages
Jul. 9th, 2016
12:07 am - 2015 Summary
Each year I get a little closer to posting my summary for the previous year near the end of said year (October last year, July this year!). Having said that, unfortunately 2015 was not a good year for reading. Starting my double Masters' degree and a new job took its toll, as did spending seven weeks in the United States at the end of the year. Nonetheless, the year passed, and all in all it was a good one. So, while the reading was slim, let us look at it nonetheless.
1. Westminister Abbey: Official Guide by Dean and Chapter of Westminister – 120 pages
2. Sunshine on Sugar Hill by Angela Gilltrap – 310 pages
3. The Fictional Woman by Tara Moss – 323 pages
4. Barack Obama and the Future of American Politics by Paul Street – 272 pages
5. A Series of Unfortunate Event: Book the Twelfth: The Penultimate Peril by Lemony Snicket – 353 pages
6. The XX Factor: How Working Women are Creating a New Society by Alison Wolf – 401 pages
7. The New Asian Hemisphere: The Irresistible Shift of Global Power to the East by Kishore Mahbubani – 293 pages
8. Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs – 331 pages
9. Hard Choices by Hillary Rodham Clinton – 596 pages
10. A Series of Unfortunate Events: Book the Thirteenth: The End by Lemony Snicket – 324 pages
11. Living Dolls: The Return of Sexism by Natasha Walter – 263 pages
12. DB30Years: Special Dragon Ball 30th Anniversary Magazine by Michael LaBrie – 315 pages
13. The Anatomy of Israel’s Survival by Hirsh Goodman – 253 pages
14. The Queen of Zombie Hearts by Gena Showalter – 442 pages
15. One for the Money by Janet Evanovich – 290 pages
16. The Other Side of Despair: Jews and Arabs in the Promised Land by Daniel Gavron – 240 pages
17. Dragon Ball Z: “It’s Over 9000!”: When Worldviews Collide by Derek Padula – 76 pages
18. Jaco the Galactic Patrolman by Akira Toriyama – 247 pages
19. The Rise of the Creative Class: Revisited by Richard Florida – 465 pages
19 / 50 books. 38% done!
5914 / 15000 pages. 39% done!
Comparison to last year
19 / 43 books. 44% done!
5914 / 14885 pages. 40% done!
Top 5 books (including re-reads):
5. Living Dolls
4. Jaco the Galactic Patrolman
3. The Fictional Woman
2. The XX Factor
1. The Rise of the Creative Class
Improvement on last year: -24 (-8,971)
Library books: 10
Most read author: Lemony Snicket (2 books/677 pages)
Books with a sci-fi/fantasy element: 4
Sequels/not the first in a series: 4
As you can see it was a terrible reading year, and so far 2016 isn't shaping up to be much better, but alas, sometimes there are other things in life. So continue on I will.